Syracuse University is dedicated to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion—qualities intrinsic to our academic mission of being a student-focused global research institution. Committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, work, and succeed in an inherently diverse world, the University supports and empowers all members of its campus community.
With a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion, Syracuse University recently finalized its new Academic Strategic Plan, the vision and mission of which are included below.
Syracuse University aspires to be a pre-eminent and inclusive student-focused research university, preparing engaged citizens, scholars, and leaders for participation in a changing global society.
As a university with the capacity to attract and engage the best scholars from around the world, yet small enough to support a personalized and academically rigorous student experience, Syracuse University faculty and staff support student success by:
- Encouraging global study, experiential learning, interdisciplinary scholarship, creativity, and entrepreneurial endeavors
- Balancing professional studies with an intensive liberal arts education
- Fostering a richly diverse and inclusive community of learning and opportunity
- Promoting a culture of innovation and discovery
- Supporting faculty, staff, and student collaboration in creative activity and research that address emerging opportunities and societal needs
- Maintaining pride in our location and history as a place of access, engagement, innovation, and impact